This Privacy Notice outlines how IBN Corp Ltd and its subsidiaries, associates, jointly controlled entities and associates (including but not limited to IBN Group of Companies) as well as their representatives (collectively, “IBN Corp”) collect, store, use, disclose and process your Personal Data in accordance to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and the laws of Malaysia. For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, the terms “we”, “our” and “us” shall refer to any of the companies or representatives within IBN Corp and the terms “you” and “your” shall refer to yourself and/or such other persons or companies represented by you of which you are providing Personal Data.
1. Define Personal Data
In this Privacy Statement, “Personal Data” includes all data defined within PDPA (as amended from time to time), including but not limited to information concerning your personal details (such as name, identity card number, passport number, date of birth, age, gender, race, nationality), contact details and any other relevant information that you had disclosed or make available to IBN Corp as may be updated from time to time.
2. Collection of Personal Data
In the course of your dealings with IBN Corp, you may have furnished your Personal Data to IBN Corp and in doing so you agree and consent to IBN Corp collecting, storing, using, disclosing and processing your Personal Data.
IBN Corp may collect your Personal Data from you in the following ways:
- when you interact with IBN Corp’s staff, including but not limited to visiting any of our offices and/or sales galleries, providing feedback, lodging complaints and response to our marketing materials;
- when you submit forms or documents to IBN Corp and/or any related third party products and/or service providers;
- when you enter into any transactions with IBN Corp;
- when you make payment related to any transactions with IBN Corp;
- when you participate in our contests, events, market research and surveys;
- when you register or update your online profile;
- when you subscribe to any of IBN Corp’s products and/or services as well as products and/or services by third party service providers;
- IBN Corp website cookies that stores your personalised preference;
- when you submit a job application to IBN Corp; and
- from information obtained independently by IBN Corp from other lawful sources;
3. Purpose of Collection
IBN Corp may collect, store, use, disclose or process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- assessing and processing your application(s) for products and/or services of IBN Corp as well as products and/or services by third party service providers provided through IBN Corp;
- providing you with the abovementioned requested products and/or services;
- conducting credit evaluation and background check on you to facilitate, implement and/or formalise any transaction with IBN Corp (including billing, processing payments and collecting debts);
- resolving your queries, requests, feedbacks and/or complaints;
- facilitating IBN Corp‘s customers loyalty programmes, contests and events;
- conducting market research and surveys to improve IBN Corp‘s products and/or services;
- sending you marketing, advertising and promotional information about existing and/or new products/services (collectively known as “Marketing Information”) that IBN Corp, its business partners and/or third party providers may be offering (postal mail, email, telephone calls, text messaging and/or other methods);
*You may opt-out of receiving such Marketing Information or sharing of your Personal Data with third parties for the aforesaid purpose at any time by contacting IBN Corp
- making disclosures as required by laws, rules, regulations, by-laws, order, guidelines and/or directives;
- to investigate, respond to, or defend claims made against, or involving IBN Corp;
- facilitating business transactions which may include mergers, acquisitions or asset sales;
- compliance with internal policies and procedures, including but not limited to operation, administration, development, record-keeping, risk management, provision of facilities and/or enhancement of IBN Corp’s businesses;
- human resource applications; and/or
- any other incidental purpose relating to any of the above.
4. Use and Disclosure
Your Personal Data may/will be disclosed to the following parties:
- any company or representative within IBN Corp;
- IBN Corp‘s third party service providers or agents (including without limitation auditors, lawyers, consultants, insurers, adjusters and utility companies);
- any registered credit reporting agencies under Credit Reporting Agency Act 2010;
- IBN Corp‘s business partner, investor, assignee or transferee to facilitate business asset transactions (including without limitation to any merger, acquisition or asset sale);
- any law enforcement agencies;
- any governmental authorities or regulatory bodies; and
- any other party authorised and consented by you.
IBN Corp may disclose your Personal Data to any or all of the parties stated above which may be located within or outside of Malaysia or involve sending your Personal Data to a location outside of Malaysia.
5. Your Obligations
In the event you furnish or make available to IBN Corp any Personal Data relating to a third party, including information of your spouse, children, parents and the designated person in charge from an organisation or company (collectively the “Relevant Persons”), you confirm that you have obtained the consent of the Relevant Persons to provide IBN Corp with their Personal Data and for IBN Corp to collect, store, use, disclose and process their Personal Data for the respective purposes listed above.
6. Non Provision of Personal Data
In the event where Personal Data indicated as necessary is not provided or your consent or the consent of any Relevant Person given herein is withdrawn, IBN Corp will not be able to provide you with its products and services and/or fulfil any of your request to IBN Corp and/or access to IBN Corp’s website and/or the full range of benefits/services/obligations under any potential or existing contract with you.
7. Correction of Personal Data
You may request in writing for access to and request for correction of your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date subject to a payment of a prescribed fee, any applicable legal restrictions and contractual conditions.
If you have any enquiries or feedback in relation to your Personal Data, or if would like to access or correct your Personal Data, of if you wish to withdraw your consent given herein, you may contact:
Telephone number : +603-2700 4056
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Correspondence address: 6A, Level 6, Chulan Tower, No. 3, Jalan Conlay, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
8. Changes to Privacy Statement
This privacy notice may be revised from time to time. Notice of any such revision will be given on our website and/or by such other means of communication deemed suitable by IBN Corp.
In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version of this privacy notice, the English version shall prevail over the Bahasa Malaysia version.